Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Technique: working with Resin

I've been working with new materials for the past few weeks now, and it's time to share what I've achieved. The pendant at the left is a one-of-a-kind, which means I couldn't replicate it if I tried. I've tried to come up with similar looks but haven't yet. I'm using Easy Cast Casting Epoxy, and I absolutely love it. It allows me a certain creative freedom I don't get with beads. I adore the swirled look. With the purple colored back this pendant reminds me of clouds. Anyone looking to try their hand at resin should check out http://www.resinobsession.com/. The woman who owns the site has a terrific assortment of supplies, and everything I've ordered from her has been top quality. Now, this pendant is not for sale (it's for ME!!), but I do have one currently listed at Etsy:------------------------------------------>
It reminds me of creamsicles or orange sherbert (sherbet?). Maybe I'm anxious for summer to get here....clouds, creamsicles.....
That's it for now...I will try to post more regularly.

No comments: