Saturday, July 12, 2008

my 36th birthday/love Swarovski crystals!


Today is my 36th birthday, and I've never been happier. On the creative business front, I'm investing more money into Swarovski crystals and have been creating some more upscale designs, that I absolutely love. I call them the cluster series, because each necklace has a cascading cluster of individually wrapped loop beads for a focal piece. The earrings are also a cascading cluster. I've made two Swarovski sets, one in various shades of blue, and another in black, icy gray, and crystal AB finish. I absolutely adore them, and they turned out fabulous!

I also have other sets without Swarovskis in them. These are generally a flower-theme with the beads, as I've bought a few strands of pretty little bellflower beads which work great in this design. Sometimes I accent the chain with beads, sometimes I don't and leave the chain shorter. I like them both. Yesterday I made a set in shades of blue with the bellflower beads, and also beaded a simple bracelet to go along with it. I'm working on the photographs right now in Photoshop so I can list them for sale at etsy and iCraft, as well as DaWanda.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

Square, nice blog. I need to work on mine a little.

Good luck with your new focus. It's my dream also.

Linda Blatchford
Shamless Jewelry Designer
www.lindab142.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Before spending your money on Swarovski, make sure you are buying the real thing. Lots of fakes out there. According to the Swarovski website:

"Swarovski products have a visible Swarovski logo. The products manufactured between1976 and 1988 have an SC logo in block format. Products manufactured since 1988 either have an SCS logo or the Swan logo on them. Some older pieces may have very faint logos. In some cases, the logo may have been hidden behind an adhesive surface."


http://www.squidoo.com/Swarovski_crystals